8/4/09

Busy...Busy Bee!

What a busy week it was last week...

Tuesday ~ Kellen spent some time with Chris (Jerilyn's Husband) while Jerilyn when to a Dr's appointment. Of course I had warned Jerilyn that we had given Kellen a WHOLE jar of prunes. She failed to mention this to Chris...so while she was at the Dr, Kellen had a huge blowout!!! He got him all cleaned up and put him down for a nap. Jerilyn came home and got a giggle out of Chris's story about the blowout. Soon Kellen wakes up and she goes to get him and change him...she noticed that Chris had put on a swim diaper for some reason. He laughed and said "I was thinking that he was a little young for pull-ups, but that was all I saw"! Jerilyn called me and could not stop giggling. Just a little request for all of you...At the Dr's Jerilyn found out that she has Breast Cancer so can you all put her and her family in your prayers over the next few months as she begins this journey!!! For those of you that might not know....Jerilyn is my bestest friend, my shoulder to lean on, an ear that is always open to listen, and her arms are always open. We were lucky enough to meet on our first day of collage 7 1/2 years ago!!! We also had her ordained (on the Internet) to marry Matt and I! She also takes credit for Kellen (it was her margarita's that I was drinking that night)!!!

Wednesday ~ Was a pretty normal day...went to work, fed Kellen, ate dinner, gave Kellen a bath, fed Kellen again and off to bed he went! I followed soon after!

Thursday ~ This was Jerilyn's last day with Kellen. It was sad for us all. Where did our summer go??? That night Matt and I got everything ready for Kellen's first day at daycare...well a practice day anyway. I had mixed emotions.

Friday ~ Kellen's practice day went great. Earlier in the week I had ask Matt to go with me to daycare to drop him off. I was nervous at how I would react and knew I would have my hands full with Kellen, diapers, wipes, and all the other goodies that I had to take with me!!! The morning went great. Kellen slept till almost 6 so I was almost ready to go when he woke up. I got him dressed and fed him. He even had time to play for a few minutes before we left. Did I mention that it was pouring down rain??? We were greeted by Yvonne (one of the Directors) and she took us back to Kellen's room. Kellen's teacher was running late, so the Ms Sue Ellen from infant B took him. Kellen of course laughed and flirted the whole time. He made it so easy for me! I left a work at noon so that I could go pick him up. Ms Mary said that he was Happy the whole morning!!! He ate great, napped for 35 minutes (for Kellen this is normal). I felt good about everything...at this point I was thinking I can do this! :)
Kellen's 1st day of School!!!

Jerilyn brought over lunch and we chatted while Kellen slept. Afterwards we played with Kellen and then had a picture session! :o)

Friday night Kellen hung out with Daddy while I went to Sarah's house for a little bit of scrapbooking! There was four of us and it was so much fun. I did more talking than scrapbooking, but I got some neat ideas from the evening! We all decided to do a 7 hour scrap mania at a local scrapbooking store on Aug 23rd! I am SO excited for that!

Saturday ~ We loaded up the car and took a trip to Augusta. It was Sarah Scott's 1st Birthday party and we decided we couldn't miss it! It was so much fun. I loved seeing Kellen and SS together. Kellen is as big as she is and she is 6 months older! ;o) She was so cute in her outfit! I really would be in trouble if we would have had a girl! She had on this cute cupcake outfit and and tutu! Oh and the bow she wore was too cute!!! Check out the pictures here! Her friend Melissa made the outfit and it was perfect! Her bloomers had her name on them. Everything was Green and pink and oh so cute! It was so much fun!!! Kellen did very good on the drive there. It took about 2 1/2 hours and he slept a good portion of it! On the way home needless to say it was not so fun. He slept for about an hour and then whimpered the rest of the way and the cried for the last 10 minutes. Finally when we got into our neighborhood I got him out of his car seat and did a Brittany Spears. Kellen rode in my lap for a whole 1 1/2 miles!!! I know it was bad, but I just couldn't let him scream, it breaks my heart!

Sunday~ This was a day of rest! I did some shopping and scrapbooking and just hanging out! It was nice! :)

Monday ~ This was Kellen's 1st official day at Daycare! The morning went smooth. I did have a little bit harder time leaving him. Daddy picked him up and his little report told us re refused his bottle! What??? Kellen refuse any food is just crazy! On the other hand he did nap really well for them. His mood was "content" all day. That just didn't sound like Kellen. After only two days at day care Kellen has a runny nose! The colds and being sick can't be starting already can it??? He was so tired...I think Daycare really wears him out!

Tuesday ~ Again Kellen did not eat well. He ate a total of 7 ozs of formula and his jar of fruit and cereal! So Matt talked with Ms Kelly about some options. We had been sending Advent bottles which Kellen uses sometimes at home, but we mostly use Dr Brown's...I just didn't want to send all those pieces! And I am sending more fruit and cereal. He never refuses that! Ever since we introduced solids, Kellen is way more interested in that than his bottle! Kellen's mood was "Happy" all day, so that made me feel better. Everyone at daycare thinks he is too cute and tell me how good of a baby he his. I think I am spoiled! :)

1 comment:

  1. We LOVED seeing yall at the party and thanks for the sweet comments about the party. I will be more than happy to help plan K's party!!! I was thinking about you yesterday dropping K off at daycare. I know it must be hard but he will love the interaction with other kids. Oh I thought you would find this funny...went to MD yesterday for SS one year check up and she weighs 19lbs...isnt that what K weighs? She is 25% in weight...my skinny child..I swear we feed her ..lol

    ReplyDelete

Template designed by Rainy Day