2/28/09

One Month old already???

I can't believe how fast time is going! Kellen is one month old as of yesterday. The last couple of weeks have gone by in a blur. Kellen continues to grow and change almost daily. Last Saturday, Grandma Dee decided it was time that I got out of the house, so she went shopping with Kellen and I. Kellen was so good...he slept the entire time and was such an angel, even though we went past his feeding time by just a bit. Then Grandma Dee watched Kellen so that mommy and daddy could go out on a date.

We had a very fun week this week. I decided that I was brave enough to venture out of the house alone with Kellen. We had lunch with aunt Amanda and cousin Madison...of course Kellen slept the whole time, but it was nice for me to get some adult time. With Matt working so much during tax season I am desperate for some adult time. We also went and visited the girls at my work. It was fun to see them and they all loved Kellen! :) Kathy gave Kellen a onsie for St. Patrick's day...I can't wait to see him wear it! :) I will have to see if I can find some matching sock! :)

Kellen is getting better at tummy time, but loves it more when he gets to sleep on his tummy on mommy or daddy's chest. I think that he has already learned how to get his way. He will be sound asleep and then we will try to lay him down in his bed and he will wake up with in a few minutes. We have decided that he does not like the cold bed! :)

It is so amazing to just sit and watch him. He has so many faces that he makes and the sounds that come out of him are so funny! He is such a good baby. We are so blessed! It is so amazing the feeling that now surrounds me. The love that surrounds Kellen is amazing. People that work with my mom have been so kind and have sent a few little gifts and someone donated money to the school that she works at in honor of Kellen's birth. Great Aunt Georgene sent a CD to us this week and Kellen LOVES it. He really likes music. 2nd cousin Gina sent the cutest blanket and outfits. I can't wait to see him in them. They also sent mommy some fun scrapbooking stuff that I can't wait to use.

Kellen loves bath time and even has fallen asleep in the bath. My mom says that she does not know of a child that will do that. Maybe it is all the baths I took while I was pregnant to help with all the aches and pains of pregnancy. Below is a video of Kellen hanging out and it almost looks like he his trying to dance to the music! :)


1 comment:

  1. He is so cute...enjoy the time that you can get out of the house and he sleeps...it does not last for long!! Hope to get to Atl soon and see all of you!!

    ReplyDelete

Template designed by Rainy Day