3/9/11

Portman Family Happenings!

After an unscheduled blog hiatus I think it is time to get back on track!  Here I thought that 2011 would be a new blog beginning...little did I know that our lives would just go crazy!  So what have we been up to???


Well at the end of December (after A LOT of prayer and talking with Matt)  I decided to start a new business venture!  I love Mary Kay, but I was really struggling (I am still servicing my customers for the time being since I have a full inventory)!  I really wanted to start something that combines my passion of creating new things and the ability to have time to spend with Kellen.  He is growing so fast and I love every minute that I am home with him!  So Little Boo Creations was born!  I have had so much fun with it.  Little did I know how quickly it would go from a dream to a reality.  It has not been easy and we have had to make some huge sacrifices to get it up and going, but slowly Little Boo Creations is growing!  I have to say that it really has been through the support of my friends and family that I have been able to do this.  So a BIG thank you to you!

At the end of January we celebrated Kellen turning TWO!!!  I can't believe it.  It feels like yesterday they were telling me that I needed to go to hospital and that my baby boy was going to be born!  On his real birthday I have started a tradition where Kellen and I go to Cakes by Darcey and get cupcakes to have after dinner!  So we fixed Kellen's favorite meal...Grandma Keeta's Spaghetti!  Daddy got home just in time for cupcakes!  We had to light the candles three times...Kellen kept blowing them out before we could finish singing "Happy Birthday"!



On January 29th we had a big party for Kellen!  I decided on a construction theme since Kellen LOVES trucks!  It turned out super cute!  My friend Amy just started her own home bakery so she made some very yummy and VERY cute cupcakes!  Check out Scrumdiddlyumptious Bakery out on facebook!  She really can do anything and LOVES a challenge!  We were surrounded by our friends and family and we had 10 kids here! It was SO much fun!  Kellen was totally spoiled.  Our friends the Whitfield's made the trip from Augusta and we are do grateful for the time we get to spend with them!  Sarah Scott is about 6 months older than Kellen and such a hoot!  Kellen had his first kiss (on the lips) with Sarah Scott that night at Taco Mac!  :o)  Matt's grandparents Russ & Ava were able to be here from Indiana and help us celebrate!  It really was a perfect Party!







The rest of the time I have been working long hours trying to get ready for my first show that was last weekend.  The weather was so bad that it really didn't work out, but it was a great test run and for the 5 hours I was able to sell I thought I did very well!  I will be back at the Woodstock Market & Show on April 1-3!

We did get to go to the Zoo with Amy and Ella though!  It was so much fun and perfect weather!  Here are a few pictures from our day!





That is about it!  I am staying busy with Little Boo, Matt is working like a crazy man...tax season is in full swing and Kellen is busy growing like a weed!!!  Enjoy!

Love from the Portman family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template designed by Rainy Day