8/28/13

8 (yes I said 8) Months...

Time is flying this time around.  I think it is because we are busy with all of Kellen's activities.  I'm loving this age.  She is giggling more and more (especially at her brother).  Her smile can melt my heart and turn me to much!  I think she is already learning that she can get anything if she just flashes you a smile!  :o)  What has she been up too???

 Quinn vs Kellen at 8 months!

  • She is still wearing 9 months, but just barely, she is so tall so any one piece outfit we have had to move to 12 months.  She is still wearing a size 2 shoe, but I think her feet are making up for lost time and will soon be in a 3!  She is wearing a size 4 diaper.  I am waiting for some cooler weather so I can go shopping for some fall clothes!  I can't wait!  Her hair is out of control!  I have given up and just stick a clip in it!  Ha!  I love it!  People stop us all the time and comment on her hair!  
  • She is pretty much on the same feeding schedule.  She is having 4 - 7 oz bottles of mommy milk (for the most part).  I have had to supplement a little bit, but I am still proud that I have made it this long!  She is now eating three meals a day.  I think we will be moving on from jarred food soon.  She wants to eat what we have on our plate.  I think her favorite meal is still Spinach & Potato  We changed up the sippy to a different one and she is doing great!  I am hoping that she will become a water drinker unlike her brother and her mommy!  
 She is ready to go!!!
  • She keeps me on my toes.  She is crawling now on all fours....and if she sees a gate open she will go for it and not very slow.  She started pulling up not very long after we got home from the beach.  Nothing is safe in our house. Even though she is an on the go girl, she will also sit for a bit and play with some toys....as long as I am sitting with her.  She also gave her first kiss away and I am sad to say it was not to me!  :) We were at one of her little friends Birthday's and she kissed Miss Natalie (her friend that is exactly 10 days older than her).  So far we have not got anymore kisses from her!  :)
  • We started back going to Church again and she is having a little separation anxiety when we drop her off in Wumba land.  It is a little better when Matt hands her off and if the person taking her has a BIG chunky necklace on to distract her when we walk away!  But she seems to be happy by the time we pick her up.   It has gotten a little better the more we go, but hopefully it will go away completely soon.  This was something we never had to deal with, with Kellen.  He never seemed to mind other people.  Quinn takes a couple minutes to warm up to certain people!  
  • Not much has changed in the sleep/nap schedule department.  She still naps twice a day at 10 & 2.  She is getting a little more flexible about it though.  Then at night she will go to sleep around 7ish.  Between 6:30 -7 we go up for bath time.  She LOVES bath time and splashing in the water.  She HATES to get out and get dressed!  I have learned to have her bottle ready to go so I can get her dressed while she eats!  I am sure that when we go to wean that the night bottle will be the toughest.  
  • She now has both bottom teeth.  She is still extra drooly so I am wondering if the top are going to follow soon!  She really is like having a bulldog around!  The amount of drool that comes of her is insane!
  • We started at The Music Class this month and so far Quinn seems to love it!  I didn't realize that it would be such a work out for me!  Ha!  It is a lot of up and down and such a work out for me holding this chunky monkey!  There are 4 of us from the neighborhood that are doing it and it is a lot of fun to get to know some of the other moms and their kiddos!  :o)
  • Kellen and Quinn are so much fun to watch together.  He can do no wrong except when he is not willing to share!  Then she will let him know that she is not happy!  He can make her giggle so easy and she is always ready to hand out smiles to him!  He is so good with her!  I feel so blessed when I see them together!  

Showing off her yogo moves



No comments:

Post a Comment

Template designed by Rainy Day