8/30/13

My (not so) Little Boy

I can hardly believe I am going to say this, but Kellen is in PreK...yes I said it, PreK.  What does this mean???  It means he will start kindergarten next year!!!  That can't be right???  It was just the other day that I was holding him and he was a tiny (well not so tiny) baby.  And wasn't it just yesterday that I watched him take his first steps, try his first foods, and say his first words.


I was having a conversation with a friend the other day and we were talking about how some days seem like they are SO long, but then you can blink and a week or a month is gone.  This is how I feel about my time with Kellen.  He is growing so fast and he is turning into a very sweet, God loving, energetic, funny, and sensitive little boy.  Yes we have our days and our struggles, but I wouldn't trade them for the world.  He is strong willed and thinks he knows it all, at the old age of 4 (can't wait to see what 13 is like), but at the same time he is sensitive and loving. He has the biggest heart and loves everyone (those are his words)!!! He keeps me laughing daily.


We have the best conversations in the car!!!  I wish that I could record them all...I have so many voice memos from him on my phone and find myself listening to them over and over.  I want to freeze him in time, but at the same time I am enjoying watching him grow into this very special little man.  His wife is going to be one lucky lady in this mama's opinion.  We hear almost daily that when he grows up he wants to be a Daddy (We have explained that he must finish college first, then fall in love, get married and then he can have babies)!!!


He loves to dance ALL the time...I ask him to stop dancing one day and he looked at me and said, "mommy I just gotta dance"!  Who can argue with that???  He loves to sing and can pick up the words to most songs (or choruses) the first time he hears it.  One day on the way to school he told me he wants to hear himself on my radio...we'll baby if you want to, this mama knows you will do it!!!


I find myself watching him a lot more just so I can try and remember everything!  While I sit there and watch him, I often have tears running down my face!  They are not sad tears...but tears of joy and happiness. How did I get so lucky to be chosen to be this sweet boys mommy?


And while he is growing way to fast for my liking, I know that time will not slow down.  In reality it will probably speed up as we go along living our daily lives.  But I pray each night that I can slow down long enough to not miss those moments and to remember everything about each moment.  I know that remembering everything is not possible...especially when my mind is so awful (I really would forget my head some days if it were not attached to my body).  That is why I REALLY want to blog more often...even if it is just a picture or just something funny that Kellen says.  I want my blog to be full of my memories when I have forgotten!  I want it to be my reminder to stop and smell the roses when life is crazy and busy.  I want to be able to look back on hard days and remember all of this joy and happiness that fills my heart and even though I may be passing through a storm that a rainbow is just around the corner!


I love you my sweet, sweet boy!  Keep on smiling and making this mama laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template designed by Rainy Day