11/28/08

Happy Thanksgiving!

I can't believe that the holidays are here already. I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. It was a beautiful day here in Georgia, the sun was shining and it was about 60 degrees. We started our morning off with the Macy's Thanksgiving parade and a breakfast of coffee cake and this sinful bacon recipe that I just got from a coworker. Next on the list of activities was on to Greg's (Matt's Dad) house. There was a ton of food and everything was so yummy. I think Kellen enjoyed it to as he really gave me a couple of good kicks after I finished eating...or maybe he was telling me that I ate WAY to much! It was a nice day all of Matt's step-brothers and sisters were able to come with their families and Andy, Crystal and Ansley were there. Also my stepbrother-inlaw's family came too, so it was a house full. It was fun to see all the kids run around (6 in all). Ansley and Madison have grown so much and really are too cute when they play together.

To answer the question of the Holiday season...am I ready? Well the honest answer is yes and no. Yes, I am very excited for Kellen's arrival and can't wait to meet him. I have all the normal questions running through my mind...."what will he look like", "will he be a good sleeper", "will Matt and I be good parents", and so on and on. Physically though I can say I am ready to not have the swollen feet, the clumsiness, the extra weight and all the other not so fun stuff that comes with pregnancy, but I will miss feeling him move inside of me, all the kicking and turning. Then there is the part of me that is not ready...the part that is worrying about everything and anything. There is a part of me that is very scared to take on this next chapter of our lives. That part of my thoughts is becoming smaller and smaller every day. My friend Allison asked me if I was ready and I said, "physically yes, but mentally I am excited and scared to death all at the same time." She told me that she had felt the same, but now cannot imagine a life with out her baby girl! Seeing Madison come up to my Amanda yesterday and give her a kiss and say "I love you" for no reason took the cake and really made me ready to meet Kellen and see the type of person that he will grow up to be!

A piece of exciting news in our family is Amanda and Kevin found out that Baby #2 is another girl! So Kellen will be surrounded by 3 girl cousins! :) Look forward to pictures of Kellen in a princess dress or something of that sorts! :) I had a Drs appointment the other day and everything seems to be going well. My blood pressure is normal along with all the other fun things that they look at. Kellen's heart rate continues to stay strong and I am measuring right on schedule. The midwife told me that he is head down and down there pretty good. She also told me I can take my old friend "Zantac" for my heartburn...Tums was just not cutting it anymore! I think that was the best news of the day!

Happy Holidays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template designed by Rainy Day